Dental Bridge Beverly Hills
Dental bridges precisely bridge the gap made by one or more missing teeth. They consist of two crowns for the teeth. This is on either side of the gap. Abutment teeth is the name of these two anchoring teeth. There is also a false tooth or teeth in between. These false teeth are known as pontics. They can be made from porcelain, alloys, gold,or a combination of these three materials. Natural teeth or implants are what support dental bridges. Here are some benefits of dental bridges:
* Stop remaining teeth from drifting out of position
* Properly distribute forces in your bite by replacing missing teeth
*Maintain the shape of your face
* Bring back the ability to appropriately speak and chew
* Bring back your smile
There are three key types of dental bridges that are available:
* Traditional bridges – This is a crown that is created for the implant or tooth on either side of the tooth that is missing. This has a pontic in bewteen. The most common type of bridge that is made ceramics or porcelain fused into metal are the traditional bridges.
* Cantilever bridges – They are used when there are adjoining teeth on only one side of the missing tooth or teeth.
* Maryland bonded bridges – These bridges are also known as resin bonded bridges. They are made of plastic gums and teeth. This type of bridge is supported by framework made of metal. Metal wings are bonded on each side of the bridge to your existing teeth.
Process For Getting A Dental Bridge
The abutment teeth are prepared during your first visit. Getting ready for this procedure involves recontouring these teeth. This is done by removing a section of the enamel. This allows room for a crown to be put over them. Then, indentations of the teeth are created. The indentations act as a model from which the crowns, pontics, and bridge will be created by a dental lab. While the bridge is being made, your dentist will make you a temporary bridge to wear. This will shield the exposed teeth and gums.
During your second visit,the dentist will remove the bridge. The new permanent bridge will be monitored and modified, as necessary, to make sure it fits properly.You may need to visit your dentist multiple times to check the fit of the bite and metal framework. This depends on each person’s case. If your dental bridge is permanent, your dentist may temporarily cement it in place. It is cemented in place for a couple of weeks. This is done to make sure the bridge is fitting correctly. The bridge is permanently cemented in place after a couple of weeks.
It is significant to keep remaining teeth strong and healthy. The success of the bridge relies on the solid foundation given by the nearby teeth.If you floss everyday and brush your teeth twice a day,it can help stop gum disease and tooth decay which can lead to losing teeth. Your dental hygienist or dentist can show you how to brush and floss your teeth correctly. Maintaining a regular cleaning schedule will assist in diagnosing issues at an early stage. At this stage treatment has a better prognosis. It is also important to choose a balanced diet for proper nutrition. If you are looking for a cosmetic dentist in Beverly Hills, that does dental bridges, Dr. James is the best in the area.